Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My Quilt Diet quilt for Anne...


This lady Marion, is my kind of lady! She has only been quilting since January and has 31 quilts finished!!! Are you kidding me! No, seriously. She started quilting to help her with her diet, to have a hobby to distract  her from food! Smart lady, addiction transfer, she has done it well! Marion blogs at my quilt diet, be sure to visit her. I wonder if she will pass 50 by the end of the year??? Good challenge? This pretty quilt is for her sisters friend Anne, who is going through chemo, so sad...

I am so happy to have made this quilt for my sister Aly's friend Anne who has end stage cancer :(


There is not much that can be done for her except to administer chemo every 3 weeks to give her a bit more time with her family.


Anne is 41.


Anne has 3 children.


Her oldest is 18 and her baby is 11.


This quilt is for Anne to take with her to chemo and to cuddle up with on the sofa after.






The following are the "post wash" pictures.


I LOVE how quilts look after they have been washed :)


The raw edge applique looks so cool :)


The quilt is heading off to Anne's Thursday afternoon with all of the love and comfort I can squeeze into it.


Photobucket

16 comments:

Josie McRazie said...

Prayers and strength to your sister her friend and her family. The quilt is beautiful and I hope they make some fond memories cuddleing under it.

beaquilter said...

oh wow! so sorry to hear this... lovely quilt

Lynne said...

51 quilts since January? That is fantastically amazing!

A quilt is such a lovely, thoughtful gift in that situation.

Nanny said...

¡¡Precioso!!. Enhorabuena.
Un Abrazo.

Needled Mom said...

It will be loved and offer much comfort for her.

Sylvia said...

The quilt diet is a great idea!

That is very sad, the quilt will give her comfort in her time of need.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

WOW 31 quilts in 8 months time! I haven't finished that many in 18 years. Now I have started more than that, but finishing them is another story. So sorry to hear about her friend, thoughts go out to her and her family.

CathyK said...

What a beautiful quilt for Anne to snuggle under. She will feel the hugs and love that went into making it. I am sure it will help in her recovery. Prayers for Anne and her family!

Cherie said...

Wow the quilt diet that's a new one!

Such a gorgeous quilt and a great gift, It'll be a great comfort to her and her family.

Kirsten said...

Beautiful quilt - pink and orange are so lovely together and should bring her lots of comfort.

Teresa Silva said...

What a lovely thing to do for someone! I'm so sorry she is so young and has such a young family. Such comfort this quilt will bring.

Julianne said...

Hugs and blessings to Anne...

GG said...

Your quilt for Anne is wonderful! The fabrics are scraps? or many from 1 collection? How thoughtful of you to make it for her. I'll pray for Anne & her family & for her friends as you all are going through this stage in her life.Please pray for my daughter, Amy,(who is 39, with 2 kids)-and for me as we go Friday to the Doctor to hear of her biopsy results-lymphoma.Since I am a Christian I have a mighty God with me as I go.Hoping you are too!

Kathleen O'Grady said...

What a beautiful quilt you have made. A very sad story unfortunately but you are doing something wonderful for her. Kuddo's to you, prayers for the family.

Jesi said...

Truly heartbreaking... beautiful quilt

Ujan sharma said...

This is a wonderful article, Given so much info in it, These type of articles keeps the users interest in the website, and keep on sharing more ... good luck.

food to avoid in Low Fat Diet