PS Check out the other Holiday Tutorials and keep checking back every Thursday for more. We are so grateful to the awesome designers for sharing on our blog each week! Show your love by pinning these up, leaving comments and checking out their blogs. Thanks ladies!
Hello! It's Jessie here from Messy Jesse blog, I'm from the U.K. and I just love making cute handmade items for my home - especially Christmas themed projects! so I'm super pleased to be part of Quilt Story's Holiday series.
Today I wanted to share this fun little cutlery and napkin holder for your festive Christmas table! It's a really quick project, so you'll be whipping up a batch for all your guests in no time ;)
in printed fabric cut the following:
x2 front and back panels 9 1/2"x 4 7/8"
x1 pocket 8 1/2"
x2 pocket 7" x 4 7/8"
1. Starting with your piece of fabric measuring 7" x 4 7/8" cut it at a 60 degree angle lengthways, repeat this step for the other piece of fabric this size (refer to image above for reference).
2. Lay these two piece's right sides together and sew along the diagonal.
3. Open this so right sides are on the outside. Now fold the 8 1/2" piece of fabric in half.
4. Lay out your fabric backing measuring 9 1/2"x 4 7/8", place you diagonal pocket on top, and the smaller pocket on top again, and finally the other fabric backing measuring 9 1/2"x 4 7/8".
5. Now you have all your layers sandwiched together stitch 1/4" all the way around, leaving a small gap for turning.
6. Turn inside out, and slip-stitch the opening closed! Voila! Your done!Easy peasy right!? If you make this, which I hope you all will :) please be sure to add it to my brand new Flickr group! I'd love to see your creations!
Fabrics used: Scandi Christmas Diamonds and Cherry Christmas Noel, both available in my new fabric shop Sew and Quilt!