Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Mischief Quilt from DIY addict. English Paper Piecing


Heather here. I have started my Mischief quilt. Its an English paper piecing kit, I got from The DIY Addict . I love the kit, templates, paper pieces, and pattern. I am pretty sure I will never cut my own paper pieces. Here are the six I have finished. 


So, fussy cutting takes significantly longer, but I think my blocks are significantly cuter, so I will keep at it. It also wastes A LOT of fabric, but as long as I am resourceful with my scraps, I don't think this will be a big issue...


Seeing all the cute bears and fish and animals makes me happy everytime I look at these!




So now I am deciding on a background, I think it needs to be black or navy, thoughts?



Alright, hopefully in a few weeks I have several more to share!


7 comments:

handwroughtquilts said...

I like the blue better than the black; the blue is a polka dot while the black looks like a stripe. Your fussy cutting is fantastic.

Gina said...

Love these, It's going to be a great quilt xx

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

I like the blue more. It's just more complimentary to your blocks. The softer color doesn't overpower.

Beth said...

While I am usually a polka dot person, your blocks shine on the blue--they look like stars on top of a starry sky. I'd say, go with the navy.

Jak and Will by Stephanie said...

So fun! I think the navy looks better.

Annemieke said...

Very fun blocks! I like the navy. It compliments the blocks while the black is maybe a bit too sharp.
Groetjes
Annemieke

Lynette said...

Oh my gosh, those are so fun!! I would love working on this project - make you smile every time. I'd also spring for the precut papers rather than cutting my own. They really aren't that much, and they get used over and over.